Dear fellow students,
the ongoing SARS-CoV-2 outbreak leads to massive restrictions in our every-day life and is not kept outside our university. In this regard, we want to point out the following to you:
Our offerings to you are limited for the moment until 20th April:
- We will not offer any events.
- Our meetings are held online in a video conference. Nevertheless, we will process applications, especially applications for funding of events and projects.
- The learning and common room in building 03 is locked.
- We do not offer office hours. Please contact us via e-mail.
- We do not hand out old examination sheets in our office. Please contact us via e-mail if you need some.
- Rental of our property is not possible.
However, we keep on working in order to offer you a versatile program again for the time after the corona virus. If you have questions, problems or suggestions, please contact us via our e-mail address email@example.com.
We kindly ask you to take it serious and obey the recommendations and regulations of the federal and state government as well as other institutions in charge. Thereby, we do not endanger fellow human beings unnecessarily and hopefully can return to our normal lives soon.
- Stay at home!
- Avoid personal contact! Stay in touch with your loved ones via internet and phone!
- Keep a distance of 2 m to other people!
- Refrain from panic buying!
- Do not leave your apartment, especially if you feel ill or if you have returned from a risk region!
- Wash your hands!
State of the University (19 March):
- The lectures will start on 20th April or later. Please be aware that, as far as currently known, the lecture time is shortened by 2 weeks. Nevertheless, the semester will regularly begin on 1st April. It might be possible that you required to work out the lecture contents in self-study. 
- All written and oral examinations are suspended until 19th April. Final examinations in the context of bachelor, master or Ph.D. theses may take place under certain circumstances. 
- Your registration in examinations will remain unchanged. They will be transferred to the new examination date. Please contact the examination office in case of questions or if you want to cancel the registration.  Webpage of our examination office: http://www.eit.ovgu.de/eit/en/Examination+Office-p-50.html
- Generally, the deadlines of final theses or term papers are not extended. If you involuntarily cannot comply with a deadline (e.g. because of illness), please contact the examination office. 
- If you must cancel an internship, please contact the examination office. 
- Canteens, cafeterias and the library remain closed until 19th April. No sports courses are offered within this period. The administration of the university (including the examination offices) does offer office hours and can only be contacted via e-mail and phone.
You can find more information on the official webpage of the university: https://www.ovgu.de/unimagdeburg/en/University/Information+about+the+corona+virus+and+the+behavior+of+the+university-p-97072.html
Please also take note of the FAQ: https://www.ovgu.de/unimagdeburg/en/faqstudents-p-97430.html
Warm greetings and stay healthy!
Your faculty student council FaRaFEIT.